Wednesday, May 6, 2009

stranger theme card

The Stranger Theme Card

5 Quotes!
• "Maman died today. Or yesterday maybe, I don't know. I got a telegram from the home: 'Mother deceased. Funeral tomorrow. Faithfully yours.' That doesn't mean anything Maybe it was yesterday."
• " I blurted out that it was because of the sun. People laughed"
• "He stated that I had no place in a society whose most fundamental rules I ignored and that I could not appeal to the same human heart whose elementary response I knew nothing of"
• A minute later she asked me if I loved her. I told her it didn't mean anything but that I didn't think so.
• "Then I fired four more times at the motionless body where the bullets lodged without leaving a trace. And it was like knocking four quick times on the door of unhappiness"

5 Subjects !
• Death
• Alienation
• Judgement
• Absurdity
• Individuality
3 Conflicts
• Man vs Himself
• Man vs Society
• Conformity vs individualism
4 Vehicles !
• Foreshadowing
• Imagery
• Irony
• Tone

Major Characters!
• Meursault
• Raymond
• The Arab
• Prosecutor
• Chaplain
• -Magistrate
• -Marie

No comments: